Recently, we’ve been working on adding more detail to our definitions. Now when you look up a word, we will provide not only the English definition for context purposes, but also synonyms, and results in other languages.
Eastern High School, in Middletown Kentucky had recently asked us to be able to use Multi Lang Dictionary and Mini Info in their school intranet. The high school is part of a program that will use Android tablets to replace textbooks and other school supplies and we are very glad to have our apps chosen as a part of the program.
If you’ve been religiously following Dynotes, you would have noticed that the MLD for Android just got a fresh new server and more dictionaries. Last week, we also pushed an update to one of our first apps, the English-Arabic Translator. It’s actually been two years since our last update! But the reason that it remains relatively unchanged is because it is great on its own and doesn’t really need an update.
In the past few weeks, we have made several changes to the server side of things, moving to a more powerful server that can support a lot more dictionary lookups without quota limitations. This means that you will no longer receive interruptions to your look ups and lookups will be a lot faster as well.
Wow, it’s been a ride.
In this version, we fixed a few issues and ensured stability for Android Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) as well!
In the wake of our latest release of the Multi Lang Dictionary for Android, we have redesigned the interface to be more iPhone version like. This topic has been noted in the Android user interface and experience categories because of the debate between usefulness and consistency.
The past few months have been a thrill of a ride! Tons of major updates to our products from Mini Info, to Flex Search, even to our website, Dynotes.com. Today, we want to introduce a side update that we were developing during those months for one of our Android apps, the Multi Lang Dictionary.